Sunday 20 December 2009

Secret Santa Photo Frame

That's right, I finally have something OTHER than an ATC to show off. My new work ran a Secret Santa with a gift limit of $10. It always confuses me why workplaces run these: you either get someone you barely know and spend $10 on something meaningless and impersonal like chocolates or get a friend and feel constructed by the small budget. Anyway, having only been at my work for 2 months I didn't really know anyone that well. I had to get a gift for a gentleman that had recently been married so decided to make a photo frame for him.

Here is the papermachie frame I bought from Spotlight:

I had just happened to pick up a wedding themed 12x12 sheet of paper the other day, originally planning on doing a LO of my aunts wedding. Decided to use that on the frame, it has golden print and a lovely shimmer to it. Stuffed up the border the first time which is why it ended up with a scallopped edge. Added some rub-ons and a chip board heart and here is the new frame:

Popped it in a gift back along with some soccer ball baubles (he plays indoor soccer), some candy canes and some chocolates. Hope he liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!