Wednesday 28 September 2011

Frog Prince LO - First DT reveal!


It's time for my first DT reveal for The Lollipop Ladies! The challenge prompt for this month was the delicious Red Frogs. You can see I took inspiration from both the colour and the theme. The background paper is actually from an old Kaisercraft Christmas range but where else do you turn when you need paper with both red and green? This fortnight came with an added challenge of 'movement'. I decided to make my little froggie able to slide across the page.

Below is an example of froggie in action. It also shows the original version of my LO, before I decided it was too simple. My husband Ben says he prefers the simple version - let me know which you prefer.


I've also entered this LO into the September 1 Show Us Your Stuff competition. I'm hoping they count the fact I had to hand paint the chipboard as hand-made embellishments. The challenge was sketch based, you can see the sketch below.


I'd love you to come join us at The Lollipop Ladies if you're interested in any kind of paper crafting. The prize this fortnight is a $10 gift voucher to Annabelle Stamps.



1 comment:

  1. Love it Loz!! Mmmm yummy ;) Personally, I love the addition of the bubble paint and the heart. Beautiful :) And how freaking cute is the frog!! Such a beautiful, elegant photo as well :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!