Sunday 27 January 2013

Love

So I've been stuck inside all day as all of Queensland is currently subject to severe weather warnings. I live on the Gold Coast and we are just about to get possibly the worst four hours of it soon, though possible tornado and flood warnings will remain for the next two days. Kind of ruined our Australia Day long weekend but right now I'm just hoping to get through it without any serious damage.



All of this time inside was the perfect chance to create another LO though. Went with a recent photo of me and my grandparents taken when I was in Melbourne last December. Journalling is hidden behind the layering, the 'love' tag pulls out so you can read it but I wanted to keep this one personal.



I normally avoid flower clusters because they can be very expensive but the sketch I worked from needed some. The green ones I have die-cut from a matching sheet of paper before hand-rolling. The brown one are those simple paper flowers from Kaisercraft but layered up and scrunched.
I worked from the Kaisercraft Saturday Sketch #4 for January. Papers are all from the Periwinkle Collection which is beautiful with it's cream/brown/aqua/grey colour scheme and lots of nature images. I've also used rub-ons, chipboard, flowers, mini-alphas and pearl florish from Kaisercraft.

5 comments:

  1. Hi, This layout looks really lovely.. really pretty papers, great take on the sketch.. and I hope the weather is not too nasty tonight, we have been on alert with this rain as we live near a creek and I still have memories from january 2011.. take care...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh goodness Lauren
    you are so arty productive and congrats re another DT. Thanks for the comment on my blog. I did the real marbling in school but the simple shaving cream one is fun and smells nice too.
    hugs
    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this simple layout which tells a rather lovely story about generations and love. Great use of restrained embellies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the storm passed OK! Love your page, the colours are perfect. Its a great take on the sketch - and what a special photo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really lovely layout. Great flower cluster and take on the sketch.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!