Thursday 16 November 2017

Family - CSI challenge

I know a mid-month reveal is not normal for me, but I was so inspired after my weekend retreat at Tamborine Mountain that I just wanted to keep creating. I've used one of my current favourite photos for this layout and keep to a pretty natural colour scheme. 


Couple of different chipboard pieces in this one. I like using the shaped pieces to add some extra dimension to my background layouts. If you cut them up they will last for ages, I've actually only used half of a sheet on this layout.


Snuck in a couple of D-lish Scraps embellisments too, just because I love them so much. You can also see the distressing on the edges of the paper, just to add a bit more texture to the layout. 


I have actually combined a couple of different Kaisercraft paper ranges on this layout: the green is from a Christmas release, the brown from a general release and the diecuts are all from a beach release.


My inspiration for this layout is the mid-month challenge over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration blog, as Scrapmatts is the sponsor. How did I solve it? I was inspired by the repeating squares/rectangles of 'The Scene' and used that to build up my paper layers. I loved 'The Scheme' with the focus on brown/green/white. My 'Evidence' includes clips, leaves, stamp, button, tags and string. My 'Testimony' has been written on a tag.


How will you solve the case?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!