Tuesday 27 March 2018

Barefeet Welcome

Here we have my fourth project from the Workshop Wonders class I attended at The Crafty Chain. This is probably the one I free-styled the most on, possibly because it was the last class of the day and I finished a lot of it at home. 

I'm not normally a fan of these off-set border type layouts, but I think having the paint splatters go across the whole page has made it a bit more cohesive. 


In this class we used a Vaseline-smeared stamp to create a background resist which we then highlighted using Shimmer cubes. It's not a technique I'd used before so it was interesting to try something new. 


My die-cut border has some extra Scrapmatts chipboard fitted in because I have a stockpile of them. :) I loved the effect of knotting the twine from the anchor.


I also popped some white muslin behind my photo matt, just to soften the overall effect.


This is the teacher's example.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!