Wednesday 27 May 2009

Snow Layout, ATCs and a Circle Journal Page

I've been working on a few different projects recently. First one is a set of Autumn themed ATCs for the Addicted To Scrap monthly trade. Yes, this is as well as the Vintage/ Roaring 20's theme, so I've had to make 24 cards in a month. Again I've tried to go with more of an old-collage style which I feel suits the group better. It's a simple design, but I'm quite fond of it.

I have also been working on a 6" x 6" circle journal page for a group I'm part of over at ATCsforAll. The group is mixed media, though most of my pieces have been acrylics. This month I'm trading with Ria who requested a theme of friends or friendship. The picture is losely based on a photo on my friends and I. Not sure what I'm going to do for the back page yet.




Lastly, I decided to treat myself to a scrapbooking class yesterday as a birthday present. The class was for a snow themed page and luckly I had brought up my ski camp photos when I was last in Melbourne. The class was a lot of fun and at the end my page looked like this:


Since I had taken a LOT of photos while on ski camp I wanted to display some more. Now the logical step is to turn the page into a double, except for the fact that the store had sold out of almost all the supplies used in the class. There was no more matching cardstock, patterned paper or ribbons. Nonetheless, for some reason I refused to let this defeat me. I purchased some similar papers and some more snowflakes and went home to see what I could come up with. It took me a whole day, and I tore off probably half the original embellishments from the single layout, I now have a double layout of ski camp photos which I feel is still pretty cohesive. Just to point out the effort I went to: I had to hand-cut the second sheet of brown scalloped paper!

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful layout. The snow layout would work for any winter picture!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!