Sunday 8 January 2012

Scrapz Biggest Loser 2012 - Mission 1

I had heard of the Scrapz Biggest Loser Competition last year but didn't have a chance to participate. This year however my scrap room is getting quite out of control to the point where I'm putting off scrapping because I don't want to clean it up first. I decided that meant it was time to join up and clean up.


The first mission went live today and was fairly simple: clear your desk. Put everything that doesn't belong on your desk in its rightful place. Below you can see how my desk started the process (and perhaps understand why I was putting off cleaning up).


The second part of today's challenge was to do a quick LO based on this sketch:


I was all set to do a LO using another one of my wedding photos but then I realised I've been doing a lot of those and wanted a change. I found this picture of me and my pet cat, Artemis, who still lives with my mum and dad in Melbourne and decided it would be perfect. I couldn't resist funky-ing up the background a bit with some acrylic paint and adding some bling. The kitty chipboard is from Scrapmatts.com. The paper's are all REALLY old ones I've had sitting around so it looks like I'm using up my stash already. :) 


The most amazing part of this challenge is the fact that I actually cleaned up my desk again after completing the LO! See:


This year's comp will start on January 8 and will run until January 21. Every day for the next fortnight, Scrapz.biz will guide you through a step-by-step overhaul of your scrapping gear and give you a challenge to use up some of your old stash.


1. Your Desk - completed.
2. Cardstock
3. Patterned Paper 1
4. Patterned Paper 2
5. Scraps
6. Basic Tools
7. Punches, Dies & Embossing Folders
8. Stamps, Ink Pads & Embossing Powders
9. Alphas
10. Chipboard
11. Rub-ons
12. Embellishments
13. Buttons
14. Ribbons

Whilst I think I'm generally pretty organised I can surely use a hand in some of these areas, plus it's always good to go through your stash on a regular basis. You never know what you might re-discover. :)

2 comments:

  1. happy new year! your post reminded me that i am not finished with my cleaning up and i am blog hopping! oh well. great layout! hugs, href="http://peggyapl.blogspot.com/">peggy aplSEEDS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting through the first mission Lauren!! Artemis is very cute and so is the fab page you've created for him :) Love the painted background and well done for using up some older papers.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!