Sunday 29 January 2012

Remember 2011 - Mission 7

After the dramas of my last LO, I'm happy to report that I actually LOVE this one! A lot of the challenge blogs have been setting topics of either looking back at 2011 or looking forward to 2012 this month. I was hesitant to do one of these style LO's but recently remembered I enjoyed doing a re-cap for 2009 (completed in 2011 but better late than never I guess) so I decided to give it a go. 2011 really was a big year for me, so I've only been able to include details of the major highlights. There are 5 photos in the pocket and each one has some extra journalling on the back.

For those who like to be able to read journalling, here is what I've written:

I know a lot of people who were happy to see the end of 2011 but for me it was a pretty great year. Health: After being diagnosed with breast cancer in 2010, mum was able to stop chemo by 2011 and appears on the road to recovery. Personally, I was the fittest I’ve even been prior to my wedding but also the heaviest I’ve even been by the end of the year. Career: I started my PO2 permanent position on 3.1.11 and secured a PO3 permanent position by the end of the year, I was also the Court Advisory and Prosecutions officer for Burleigh. Scrapbooking: I started having friends over for crop sessions. I landed a spot on my first Design Team, The Lollypop Ladies. I had my first LO accepted for publication, due out in 2012. I was the most successful exhibitor in Scrapbooking at the Gold Coast Show. Activities: Ben and I spent a day kayaking to South Stradbroke Island in March. I rode Puffing Billing (in April) and went to Werribee Open Range Zoo (in December) with my mum and dad. Ben became a Gold Coast Suns member and we went to six home games together. I continued to play basketball and ten-pin bowling and started playing indoor netball with some girls from work. Wedding: I married the love of my life on 1st May. I had two hen’s parties (one on the Gold Coast and one in Melbourne). We went to Thailand for our honeymoon, which is somewhere I’ve always wanted to travel to and was my first overseas holiday. I can’t wait to see what 2012 will bring!

This one was designed for entry into a few different competitions. Firstly, Once Upon A... Sketch had their journalling criteria as "Hello 2012 or Goodbye 2011".  They were the real inspiration behind me finally completing this LO. I love the style that most of the DT and entries have for this challenge blog, they are all so detailed and full of layers. I always find myself trying the mimic that style with my entries. Of course, I also love the big focus on journalling and think I definately qualified this time. :) You need to combine the journalling criteria with Nadia's lovely sketch below: 


Second challenge entry is an easy one. Bird is the Word's chosen word for this fortnight was 'Remember', which I've used as part of my title. I've never played along at this blog before but a lot of the people I watch do so I thought it was time to try it out.

Finally, this is my last entry into the Scrapz.biz 2012 Biggest Loser competition. This was for Mission 7 which focused on Punches, Dies & Embossing Folders. Given I only have 7 punches and no dies or embossing folders it didn't take me long to tidy my collection. :) The challenge was to use those items to create your own embellishments. I've used my scalloped circle punch to create the paper pattern flowers. I've also used all four of my edge punches.

Biggest Loser 2012 Completion - 8/14!
1. Your Desk - completed.
2. Cardstock - completed.
3. Patterned Paper 1 - completed.
4. Patterned Paper 2 - completed.
5. Scraps - completed.
6. Basic Tools
7. Punches, Dies & Embossing Folders - completed.
8. Stamps, Ink Pads & Embossing Powders
9. Alphas
10. Chipboard
11. Rub-ons, Stickers and Journal Cards - completed.
12. Embellishments
13. Buttons - completed.
14. Ribbons

8 comments:

  1. Wow Lauren, it certainly sounds like you have packed a lot into 2011! Congrats on your first DT position and getting published, keep up the great work and I'm sure there will be lots more in 2012! Thanks for playing along with at OUAS =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing Lauren!! I really love how you have used the main photo space for your journaling - inspired design :) Thanks for playing at Once UPon a Sketch!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love your work! Love you did the journaling Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful take on the sketch and challenge Lauren. The journal feature is fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing with us at OUAS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on having such a lovely year . I love the way you did the jurnaling and collected your photos to go with it.This is delightful!!
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fabulous interpretation of the challenge and I just love the journal piece being the highlight and the photos behind. Fantastic page. Thanks for joining us at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - the planets must have been aligned for you in 2011! Lovely to hear - and a great 'year-in-review' layout!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep.... I think you've definitely qualified on the journaling criteria!! *LOL* I just love your idea of including lots of photos and heaps of journaling - a great recap page. Thanks for playing along at OUAS and Scrapz.biz

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!