Sunday 25 June 2017

Champs - D-lish Scraps DT

Hello hello! I took part in a basketball tournament this past weekend and it made me a bit nostalgic for my junior playing days. You know, the ones where you wouldn't hurt so much just waking up the day after a game? ;) Anyway, just because D-lish Scraps have such a beautiful range of flowers doesn't mean I need to include them in every layout. So here is a no-flower Design Team layout featuring my favourite colour - Orange!


I also put together a really quick tutorial on how to create this layout.

1. I loved how busy this Simple Stories background paper was, but also wanted to tone it down a bit. I swiped some gesso randomly across the page, the gave it a spray with some orange Colour Blast Shimmer Spray so it has an orange sheen to it.


2. I then wanted to add some more interest and texture to the background. It's important to have a general idea of where your photos will be going before you start this step. I stamped a few different sizes of a Craft Queen stitched circle stamp around the page, knowing they would all overlap my photos. For the texture, I mixed texture paste with some seed beads from an old D-lish Scraps Just Add Paper kit and some added some orange ink to colour the paste. I swiped this through a Scrapmatts star stencil (one of my favourites!)


3. The background was completed by tearing up an orange Bitty Bag and placing it behind where my photos would go. The stars were die-cut from black card stock. The court piece is from the journal cards sheet of Simple Stories paper.


4. Because my paper was a bit warped, I mounted by photos on cardboard to make them a bit more stable and lift them up. I also sanded the edges of both photos so they stood out from the background a bit more.


5. The last step is just to add all the embellishments as you saw on the final layout. I chose blue as an accent colour because it pops against all the grey and orange, plus draws attention to the winners pennants in the photo.


The washi tape also comes from a past Just Add Paper kit. My title is made from puffy alphabet stickers.


I couldn't go past the 'memory' flair button, given these photos are now 16 years old! I feel so old myself now. The orange coloured wire was really easy to shape into a star and provide a bit of extra interest. The pennant sticker came with the Simple Stories basketball paper pack.


I really like using these arrow paperclips as an accent and the blue resin glitter dots just finished it off perfectly. I hand-made that basketball pin a number of years ago but never had a chance to use it until now. The sentiment is from the top of the court journal card I used on the background.


Thanks for checking out my work today!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!