Saturday 10 June 2017

Hello Sunshine - D-lish Scraps DT

It is horribly freezing weather here at my house right now, so I thought it was the perfect time to revisit a bright, sunny photo from my beach holiday to Hawaii. Nothing goes better with a summer photo than a brightly coloured layout.


My title is an adorable chipboard piece from a past Just Add Paper Kit. I have coloured it with watercolour pigment powders which allows the colours to blend into each other and gives it a beautiful sparkle finish. The little bit of striped washi tape is also from a past JAP kit. I have matted the chipboard on a delicate white doily. There are so many different sizes, styles and colours of doilies on the website and they are such good value for money!


Underneath my title I have little collection of different embellishments. The little girls are from the Dusty Attic Mini Him and Her set, I painted them with acrylics to match the colours of our lilos. The adorable flamingo flair comes from a past Just Add Paper Kit. I have included a glitter resin dot and enamel dot as accents.  




At the bottom of the papers I have outlined from flowers from the Hibiscus Duo stencil, first one way and then flipped the stencil over to get the mirrored image for the other side. Make sure you use a permanent pen so it doesn't run during the next step. I coloured them with pigment powder watercolours again and added some resin glitter dots to the middles. I have used some enamel dots scattered around too. 


The top embellishment cluster has another hibiscus flower cut out, with the glitter resin and enamel dots. I was so excited to finally be able to use a sequin bow on one of my layouts! 




Thanks for looking and I hope the weather is a bit warmer where ever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!