Saturday 28 October 2017

Just Us

There is always a class on Saturday morning at the Queensland Scrapbooking Retreats getaways, hosted by a guest teacher and included in the cost of the retreat. This year we had the lovely Alicia McNamara come and teach this beautiful girly double layout featuring new release Kaisercraft papers from the Rose Avenue collection.


The class went for three hours, with a short break for morning tea. There were quite a lot of different techniques used on this layout: texture paste to create the photo mat paper, die-cutting the flourishes and SO MUCH fussy cutting! I ended up spending some more time finishing it off in the evening because I didn't want to end up with yet another unfinished project.


I thought it was a beautiful layout when I saw the sneaks before the retreat but I must admit I struggled to find four photos that would suit such a pink and feminine layout. I ended up going with some different photos of my sister and I. I love the versatility of using black and white photos.


Just a close up of one of the clusters: paper flowers, sticker, die-cut flourish, sequins, pearls, fussy cut flowers and muslin.


A couple of the Little Birdie flowers from D-lish Scraps managed to find there way onto my layout, along with all the Kaisercraft blooms.


And here I am (in the black jumper) hard at work trying to get the layout finished. :) I love that you get a whole table to yourself at QSR retreats, since I like to spread my stuff out.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!