Thursday 26 October 2017

The Story

My second unfinished project that finally got completed at the Queensland Scrapbooking Retreats getaway at Tamborine Mountain was this one. Perhaps this time from a 2014 craft expo, this one was designed by Kerri Gurney for Couture Creations. How great does that background look with the embossed surface which has then been sanded for effect?


I didn't still have the instructions for this project, so I had to just make it up as I went. I think there were meant to be a lot more pockets and lift ups, and I know I have two clear arrows left over that were meant to go on there somewhere. Still, you can see how the main photo lifts up and there is some hidden journaling hidden behind that. 


I was really impressed to find that the rub-ons still worked perfectly, even a number of years later!


Below is how far I had managed to get in the class before packing it away for a number of years. You can clearly see that I haven't stuck the main photo mat on straight, but it was adhered so well I couldn't pull it off to fix it. It's less noticeable with the photo stuck on top on an angle though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!