Sunday 29 October 2017

Leave Ordinary Behind

The Saturday afternoon class is an optional extra at Queensland Scrapbook Retreats, but I didn't want to miss the opportunity to trying something in a bit of a different style so I gave it a go. This is a very masculine layout, so a big contrast to the morning class! Initially I was stuck for what pictures I was going to use, until I remembered I had a whole disc of photos of my brother-in-law's rally driving cars. This one is known as the Phoenix and is painted bright Bansagi orange.


While the two pages were created from the same range, Kaisercraft's Factory 42, I didn't feel like they actually worked as a double layout so went a bit rogue and deviated from the instructions provided in the class. It's not like we all want to share the same layout in our albums anyway, right?


There is quite a bit of stencil work in the background with the pipes and cross-hatched bricks. There was yet more fussy cutting on this layout too, which slowed the process down a bit. The pipes are actually cut from the speciality foiled sheet and I've coloured them brown using distress ink applied via a sponge. The foiling works as a resist and the sponging leads to the beautiful variations in colour through the pipes.


I liked the idea of ripping holes into the papers and backing them with some die-cut grid pieces and scrap papers. We were also given a pack of Collectables (die-cuts) and a sticker sheet to use as embellishments, which I've scattered across the layout.


Again, so many techniques on the one layout but that's what you want from class I think. It wouldn't be anywhere near as fun if I ended up with a layout just like what I'd do by myself at home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!