Sunday 15 September 2013

Baptism Day - ScrapFriends Guest DT

My two friends babies turned one and were also baptised recently. I managed to get some fantastic photos of both of them on each of their special days and took the opportunity to scrap this one from Harvey's day in May. I spent ages getting a funky background happening with mists and gesso, but then ended up covering most of it up. :(
 
 

I was in the Top 5 for ScrapFriend's YummyScrap #15! I am so excited by this, as I love all the sketches and colour combinations over there and they have some amazing entries each fortnight. They invited me to come back as a Guest Designer for Yummy Scrap #17.

ScrapFriends button
 
The colour palette for this month is fantastic, I loved the bright yellow with the green/grey/red accents. I had to alter a few of my embellishments to match the colour scheme though. The doily was originally white, I misted it with yellow and green then washed it out to fade the colours. The flower was originally a light pink which I misted with a new bright red Dylusion mist.

I would love to see what you come up with for this colour scheme.

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful layout! Gorgeous flower cluster. And isn't it just the way - spending time on doing a background only to cover most of it up! It has happened to me as well!
    So great to have you as Guest Designer at Scrap Friends!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!