Tuesday 4 July 2017

Baby Girl - Scrapmatts DT

I'm posting this one a day early for my Scrapmatts DT reveal, because it has actually already gone live over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration. Don't be confused by the title and photo, I still have my darling son and haven't popped out a second baby. :) The baby in the photo is actually me and I still have that CareBear at my parent's house. It was the perfect colour scheme for the CSI challenge so I couldn't resist using it, even though now when I look at it I have all the warnings about never letting a baby sleep on a bean bag flash through my head. 


I had been wanting to use the gorgeous rocking horse chipboard piece (CB6057 Rocking Horses 01) for such a long time, so was very excited to finally get the chance. I have left the horse itself raw and painted the darker brown parts with a watercolour pencil, then used a gold pen to highlight the metallic details. The title comes from the CB5135 Baby Boy 01 set (or the baby Girl Set too). I have scattered words across from page from CB1191 Scrap Words 03.


I have used background stencil ST9006-A5 and painted Tinby Designs Color Crush powders mixed as a watercolour through it for a more subtle effect. My flourishes are actually from CB2003 Page Borders 02, but I've cut it into two quarter pieces to use either side of my photo.


If you're interested in playing along with the CSI challenge, the Case File is below and it's open all month. I'd love to see what you create. From the scene I was inspired by the thought of napping in a hammock on the weekend, so went with the napping photo. For my evidence I used text print, flowers, puffy stickers, wood and watercolour. My testimony using the inspiration words. I stayed fairly close to the sketch, just swapping the two top photos for a single one, and the circle photo for my horse chipboard. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!