Sunday 4 March 2012

Personal Best

The challenge over at Once Upon A ... Sketch this fortnight is to scrap about what you're good at. I'm not one of those scrappers who hates to scrap about themselves but I did struggle for a while trying to work out what I was good at. Inspiration struck when I remembered I'd been wanting to scrap my personal best at bowling for ages now. In case the journalling is a bit hard to read, I bowled 240, 223 and 182 for the night! I actually bowled this last year back on 28 Feb 2011 so it's taken me a while to get around to putting it on paper. I also haven't bowled anywhere near this well since. :(

 
(removed for publication)
 
The photo I've used with this LO wasn't actually taken on the night I bowled the PB. It was taken by my brother during one of our catch-ups. I love the angle and the lighting. Below is the sketch Nadia created. The extra pieces of paper I have sticking out on the right hand side are the 'Star of the Week' certificate and score card I kept. They can slide in and hide behind the background paper.

10 comments:

  1. Awesome layout and journaling!
    Thank you for playing along with us! ~gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, just love that you scrapped this subject, well done! That pic is great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment Lauren. The scalloped lace border on my page was a die cut from kaszazz. I am loving My Ezy Press die cut and Embossing machine. I waited aa long time for one! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice! The colors you picked and the action shot is perfect! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren, great page, and I just love your color combo!!! Thanks so much for taking part in our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  6. great page, love the color combi so much

    ReplyDelete
  7. So striking, no pun intended. Lol great theme to scrap, fab page. Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS.
    Jeni

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I am also good at bowling!!! Great way of showing it!! TFS your work at OUAS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I love this!
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow...you are an awesome bowler! I'm lucky if I break 100! :) And your layout is fabulous!! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!