Saturday 16 June 2012

Swimming with Seals

Ben purchased me the fantastic experience of swimming with seals for my birthday in 2010. It was FREEZING in the middle of winter but so very cool. You can see the original blog post I did about it here. Decided to do with a hand-written title on this one because none of my title stickers would fit. This then led to some extra doodling around the page. Because the paper themselves were so busy I kept the rest of the design pretty plain.

 

This LO was created for the Sketches with a Twist June challenge. They have the very funky sketch below with an added challenge of usig fabric. My little crab is actually stamped on fabric which I've cut out.


7 comments:

  1. what a lovely take on the sketch, love the blue colors and how fun to swim with seals!! thanks for playing along with us at swat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. what a fabulous experience of swimming with the seals! and you have used the sketch so wonderfully for your layout too!! I love the colors and that little crab is soo cute too! Thanks for joining in at Sketches with a twist!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an awesome sketch & you've scrapped it perfectly for your super cool photos...wow, what an experience that would have been!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren this is darling! The photos are so cute. I'm a follower of yours now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. that must have been an amazing experience! Your take on the sketch is wonderful! The pp you've used is so fun and perfect for the pics.
    Thanks for sharing and playing along with us at SWAT this month!
    Raechelle- SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh....you did this one...& rocked it - it scared me, so I just gave it a miss.....well done!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lauren I love your sea themed take on the sketch this month. All the windows showing the different sea creatures and your photos, plus the scalloped edging of your background has really captured the essence of your theme beautifully! Thanks so much for joining us at Sketches with a Twist.
    Danie - SWAT DT

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!