Sunday 16 September 2012

Play the hand you've been dealt

 
 
This one is a bit of a self-reflective LO because sometimes it's important to capture how YOU are feeling right now. I've used about five different Kaisercraft paper ranges on this LO because I wanted to use up some scraps. Here's a detail shot of the pretty flowers:
 
 
This was created for the Scrapz.biz Do or Die competition, round 2. This was again a very challenging round for me. Rules: You are to design a layout using the cover of Live & Let Die as your inspiration. Your layout must feature something that you dream of and really want. You must include a playing card/s of some sort. Your layout must feature the word 'Big'.
 
It was the fact that I couldn't think of something I really wanted that led me down the self-reflective route. I've been inspired by the cover in that I have my title up the top and in quotation marks; I have a silhouette photo with misting/an explossion behind it; the playing cards are fanned to the sides; the border around the main LO and there is a lot of text at the bottom. The word 'big' is in my journalling.

 
I also thought this month's challenge at The Scrapbook Store (formerly Handmade by Suzanne) was close to the cover LO so I've also used it for inspiration.
 
 
 


7 comments:

  1. Wow, this is sensational, Lauren!
    Love the design & the playing cards behind the photo...great title & journaling too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this is a stunning take aon the challenges and. I can understand that the theme would be a difficult one to tackle but you really did great.
    I love this!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing page, so clever putting all those elements together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job on you LO. I really like the theme -- playing the cards your dealt. Reading your journal entry -- I know you can accomplish your dreams -- be patient and put one foot in front of the other and before you know it you'll be there. Don't be surprised as life's journey goes along there will be twists and turns -- look at all of it as an adventure.

    I also wanted say thanks for the info for The Lollipop Ladies owner's email.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love the way you tackled this challenge and am sure you will make your dreams happen... it's all about taking the first step!
    Aga xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful design! I love the white base, the topic, the fussy cut photo and the symettrical design!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you layer the different elements here. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!