Saturday 24 November 2012

Treking

I originally planned to scrap a mini-album of our honeymoon trip to Thailand however I haven't made any progress on it for months now so have resorted to scrapping single pages instead. We did a trek through the northern mountains in the early days of the honeymoon and it was an incredible experience.

(Removed for publication consideration)

Oh, I've just realised this could also count as a monochrome LO! Don't forget that is our current theme over at Unstampabelles this month. I would really love to see some more scrapbooking LO entries over there and you have until the 30th of November to get your entry in.


This LO was inspired by the Scrapz.biz Super Sleuth #3. (I won last week and picked up a $20 gift voucher - YAY!) This week was much harder to pick the five common items. I went with 1/ Word – 'Lazy'; 2/ Sticker/rub-on with writing; 3/ Paper scraps circle; 4/ Doily and 5/ Paint splatters. You can see most of those in the close up below and 'lazy' in in my journalling.


Here is the sketch provided for this week.  The sketches at Scrapz.biz are typically very basic and I normally struggle knowing how to expand upon this. However, I think I'm getting better and it's good to be able to compare the sketch to the three DT examples as well to see how they interpret it.


You'll notice lots of chipboard on this LO too (ferns/leaves; butterflies and scroll under title). All of the chipboard has come from my favourite manufacturer, Scrapmatts. Not only do they make fantastic designs out of good quality chipboard, they are also an Australian company and some of the loveliest people. I almost always sign up for one of there classes when I go to a craft show and their kits for those classes are jam packed with goodies. They are currently running a DT call and I'm planning on putting in an entry. You've got to be in it to win it right?

1 comment:

  1. WOW & double WOW, Lauren....this is stunning!
    I love the colours & design...awesome take on the sketch too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!