Tuesday 7 February 2017

Happy 50th - Scrapmatts DT

I am definitely not a chronological scrapper, I just pick whatever photo feels right to me when I sit down. It was my mum's 50th back in 2010 and I've tried to scrap this photo from my mum's 50th a number of times over the years, but her shirt is a very hard colour to match. It's strange to look back at this photo now and remember the happy occasion of the event given that so much has changed since. I guess that's why it's important to include journaling on your layouts, so you can capture how you felt at the time without it being distorted.

(Removed for possible publication)

My second Scrapmatts DT layout is actually the one I created first, so it used the largest sized string circle and I haven't cut this one. I had a lot of fun creating that background circle with Gelatos but it did warp the page a fair bit. Some chipboard butterflies made the perfect scatter embellishments, I've coated them with dimensional magic to make them shine. I also used the poinsettia leaves tucked under everything because I think they look fantastic and I forgot to use them on the layout that I used all my poinsettia flowers. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!