Tuesday 7 March 2017

Flying Fox - Scrapmatts DT

Scrapmatts is a sponsor over at CSI: Color, Stories, Inspiration and this month the whole team has been invited to participate as guest investigators. While seeming initially complex, these challenges are always a great deal of fun.

I think my favourite part of this layout is actually the photo strip I've hidden in the glassine bag behind the main photo. Both the black and white photos are too close to really show the flying fox aspect, Harrison could just be on a swing. I've printed three progressive colour photos to show Harrison flying from the top of the fox to the bottom about 20 meters down the path.


I had been holding onto that hot air balloon chippie for the longest time and was so happy to finally get to use it. The stars in the background were initially white texture paste but I thought they didn't show up enough so I painted them yellow later.

Scrapmatts used: CB1162 Assorted Words 08, CB1229 Chains 02, CB5035 Hot Air Balloons 01, CB1204, Ribbon Banners 01, CB2008 Page Borders 07. Stencil: ST1006.



This is the case file we had to draw inspiration from. Colours are as close as I could get with a little black and silver added (neutrals are fine to add, an extra colour can be no more than 10%). The inspiration image made me think of my little boy and flying, hence the photo choice. I've used design elements of stars, stripes, something that flies and washi tape. My journaling is about the adventure we had at the park.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!