Wednesday 10 May 2017

Hey Mr DJ - D-lish Scraps DT

Do you remember the amazing Retro Revival Just Add Paper Kit that was released last month, with all the beautiful reds/yellows/blues? I purchased it just for the headphones flair (so perfect for these photos of my son) and then used it to create this white/black/lime green layout!


I stated off by ripping the navy stripe bag into strips and adhering it to the cardstock as a background around where I wanted to later place my photos. I used lime ink on a script stamp over the background area, then applied the lightning washi tape in random strips over the top of that too. Lastly, I mixed some black acrylic paint with texture paste and applied that through the stencil that came with the kit.


The flair and sneaker charm were the perfect embellishments for my clusters, along with some lime green enamel dots.

I have a whole bunch of coloured wire rolls that have come with various kits and I have never used them before, because I just didn't know how. For this layout the wire reminded me of the cords trailing at the bottom of his headphones, so I've tried to replicate that and turn it into part of the title. The wire is actually really easy to manipulate into the shape you want.

So hopefully my layout has inspired you to look at some of those Just Add Papers kits in a different way and not feel like you're stuck using them to create a layout in the colour scheme of the mood board challenge they go with. Think outside the box and have fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!