Saturday 6 May 2017

Rough and Tough - Scrapmatts DT

I often take my camera out while I'm supervising my son in the backyard so that I can snap a couple of photos while he's playing. On this occasion he had made quite a mess mixing up some mud with left over rain from the night before and was having a fun time jumping in the muddy puddles. I thought this photo just really summed up play time for Harrison at 2.5 years old: on his play set, with a couple of cars and a digger, barefoot and dirty with his little chubby feet.


I really wanted to capture the 'messy' aspect of having an active toddler, while still keeping a 'clean' layout design. The paint splatter stencils ST1009 and ST5010 were perfect to create that effect, using a little bit of mist. I mixed the same mist in with some texture paste and painted the title pieces from CB4055 Assorted Words 09 as well as some CB1078 Gears 05 pieces, you can see the great effect this created in the close ups. I covered a CB5117 Tabs 01 piece with patterned paper and added it to my top cluster.


I've got to admit that I love looking through layouts on Pinterest and scraplifting them. I generally use them like you would a sketch, so I get some design basics then put them away and work on the embellishments and finishing touches myself. I actually based this layout on the below Pin.

page d'icenalys avec la collection Floride de Swirlcards:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!