Wednesday 9 August 2017

Greeting Cards - Scrapmatts DT

Here is the second part of my Scrapmatts DT post for August. I was playing around with using Tinby Designs Color Crush powders to create background papers. I not really into the Art Journaling thing (I've tried but it's not for me) so whenever I want to try out a new technique I'll normally incorporate it into a card or tag.


It's always a good idea to have a few birthday cards in your stash. This one didn't hang around long, I've ready given it to a friend! I used ST9018-A6 in the background, just as straight gesso over the background. Chipboard pieces include CB5087 Leaf Spray 09 and CB6100 Words 29.


The second card uses the same background technique as the first, but I've taken it in a different direction. I can never go past a pun and the CB4067 Marine Life 02 set was perfect for this one. The chipboard has been painted using distress inks stamped onto my craft mat then spritzed with water and painted on.


The last card is another birthday one which has a galaxy feel to it. Quite simple in design, but I think the background really makes it pop. The stencil is ST1008, I used Versamark through the stencil then embossed this with a clear embossing powder to create a resist effect. The chipboard is CB6100 Words 29 and CB1223 Stars 03, both have been painted with acrylic paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!