Friday 17 April 2009

March PAT ATCs

Here is the results of the project I've been working on today. At my Artist Trading Card (ATC) online group they run Pick-A-Theme (PAT) swaps. Basically, you sign up into a group and select the theme you want to receive. In return, you need to make one card for each other group member in their requested theme. It's quite a challenge sometimes, but also a good way to get cards on themes which wouldn't normally get enough interest for a whole swap. These are the cards I did for group 5 of the March PAT, which had to be hand-drawn or painted:

The request was a realistic landscape with moutains. I am well aware that landscapes are not my strong point so this was a challenge. I think I do them better in acrylics, so will stick to that from now on.
This request for for a celebrity portrait. I based this off a photo reference of Edward Norton, my favourite actor. While I'm happy with the picture itself, I don't think it looks like him. I didn't manage to capture his distinctive smile.

The request was for skulls for this one. I actually really like the end result.


This last card was a request for an Art Nouveau Queen or Goddess. The lineart is referenced from an image by another artist who put it up as a colouring-in picture.
That's it from me for now. I have to go catch up on some research, so I'm not sure if I'll get any crafting done over the weekend. Hope you have a good one.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!