Thursday 27 August 2009

Monthly Live Trade ATCs: Medieval and Winter

Today was the last Thursday of the month so it was time for my monthly live trade swap. This was the first month it has been held outside of the Addicted To Scrap store, since it closed down at the start of this month. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to make it to the swap today but I made sure my cards were completed anyway as I figured otherwise I would forget and then be stuck having to make 36 cards for next months.
The monthly theme was Medieval. I was excited about this as it's normally a theme I can really get into since I like castles, princess, knights and medieval costumes. I think if it was a hand-drawn swap where I only has to do a few cards I would have been fine, but I just couldn't come up with anything that I was happy with. Finally I was inspired by the illuminated lettering they used to do on manuscripts and went with that.


We had the quarterly seasonal theme due, this one was winter. I struggled as I really wanted to do a card without reference to snow since it rarely snows in Australia and especially not on the Gold Coast. We've actually been having a heat wave at the moment of 30C or more weather for the past few days - I spent time by the pool reading in my bikini on Tuesday and it's still technically winter! I ended up going with a somewhat similar design to my Autumn card but that was well received so I hope this one will be too.

Benn has decided we will head to the Show on Sunday so I will have to wait until then to find out how my scrapbooking entries went. I'm excited enough just to be going, I love to check out all the handicrafts and baby animals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!