Monday 16 June 2014

Family Happiness - Scrapmatts DT

It's a double layout, which can only mean one thing - I have started creating for the Gold Coast Show! I was so excited when I found out the Show was relocating this year to a venue which is within walking distance of our house, then I realised it is being held only two weeks after my due date. I figure I'll try to get my projects created nice and early and just see how we go in terms of submitting them/actually visiting the show.
 
 
My first layout for the Scrapmatts DT in June is this double featuring family photos from my wedding back in 2011. Some people asked why I allocated so much of our wedding budget to the photographer, stating 'you'll only look at the photos once and then put them away'. Ha! Shows they have no idea of the longevity a scrapbooker can get from quality wedding photos.
 
In respect of the chipboard, the large rose piece is so delicate and beautiful, I fell in love with it at the Expo last November when it was released but was saving it for a special occasion. I have simply painted it with acrylics and let it shine as a feature. I used up the last of my Flags in the title, and squeezed in some flowers which I heat embossed silver to match the colour scheme.
 
Scrapmatts used: CB2023 Roses 01; CB5101 Flags 02; CB1145 Flowers 09
 

 
The left page has a large cluster element created using multiple die-cuts from this range. I wanted to bring in the purple wedding colour too, so have a purple mini-bloom and some gem stones in the cluster too.
 

The right page has the parent's photos and some hidden journaling, along with a smaller embellishment cluster.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!