Friday 23 March 2018

Be Fearless Canvas

The third Workshop Wonders class was one I was really looking forward to doing, as it was a canvas taught by Leanne Jago. Leanne does amazing mixed media pieces and it was great to be exposed to her techniques to build up a range of different layers and textures. Unfortunately, her expected materials hadn't arrived in time for the class so we all had to improvise a bit with substitute products.


I'm not sure Leanne would entirely approved of the fact I've added some bling to the butterflies but I couldn't help myself. I just love adding sparkle to projects and I had these left over from the first class. :) This detail shot also shows off the aquarelle pencil for all that watercolour-black effect and some great bits of crackle texture. 


I'm normally not a bit fan of using vintage images in my work but when I saw this girl in my kit with her smug smile and hand on her gun I just had to use her. I thought her attitude went perfectly with the Flutterby Designs sticker sentiments. I also killed my brand new Posca pen trying to outline the girl to make her stand out, only to decide the effect was too subtle and used white gesso instead. 


This shows the multiple layers: gesso base/crackle medium/acrylic paint/white embossing powder applied to glue through a stencil/brown ink drizzles/acrylic paint smudged on with fingers/stamping/mist splatters.


This was Leanne's sample piece. You can see that I've stuck very close to her design but gotten quite a different finished product just with some different paint colours. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!