Saturday 3 August 2013

Bonnie LO

I finally got my mojo back and managed to create two projects today. The first one is a DT piece so it will be revealed on Monday. This is the second project and is a tribute to my husband's dog who passed away earlier this year. I have created a number of pet themed layouts over the years for the Gold Coast show and most of them have used pet themed papers and/or embellishments. Today I decided I wanted to go in a different direction so I have actually created a very girly LO to celebrate her memory.
 
 

I started with pieces from a kit I purchased from Paper Stories and then added bits and pieces from my stash as I went. The detail shots show some of the layering which was again a focus for me. I liked playing with the sequins and also got to use some shell pieces I have had in my stash for years.


This LO was inspired by two challenges. The first is Once Upon A... Sketch. Their theme for August is 'I'll never forget'. I have my journaling in the top left corner of the page which talks about how I didn't like dogs when I started dating Ben but I fell in love with Bonnie and how much we miss her now she is gone. This was the sketch:


I also used the current colour challenge over at ScrapFriends. I was doing so well at playing every fortnight over at that site but then life got in the way and it's been a while since the last time I got to play. They always have fantastic sketch challenges and beautiful colour combinations so go check them out (after you leave me a comment, of course). :)


9 comments:

  1. Hi Lauren.....gorgeous page...it's awful when our dogs die......soo shattering...this is a lovely tribute:):) you've used our
    Scrap Friends colours beautifully ...but you've loaded it into the SKETCH challenge!!!!! You can easily change it !!! Thought I should let u know:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeerrrkkkk..... I'm an IDIOT.... Ignore the above:):)!!!! I've been commenting on BOTH challenges tonight & got slightly confused!!!!! You're right....duh!!!! And I forgot to say THANKS for joining us at SF, too!!! Slipping, aren't I? LOL!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL at Lizzy!! Im sure you can be excused Lizzy, as I know you visit and comment on lots and LOTS of blogs!
    Your layout is a beautiful tribute to Bonnie...and she looks like such a gorgeous and lovable dog (in my opinion, all boxers are :))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lauren your page is awesome with wonderful colors and layering!!! Thank you so much for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely tribute! So special!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute to your husband's dog - it's interesting to see how pets find their way into our hearts even if it's not love at first sight.
    Your page is beautiful - love the colors and embellies you have picked!
    Thank you for joining us at OUAS this month!

    ReplyDelete
  7. such a lovely page!! and a nice tribute! thanks for playing along with us :)!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful layout and I like the addition of all those buttons.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a wonderful tribute and lovely page! thank you so much for sharing it with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!