Saturday 27 June 2015

First Touch - CSI Guest Designer

My term as CSI guest designer is coming to close as the month draws to an end but I had a lot of fun and really like this layout I finished with. This amazing photo of my husband and son was taken by one of the operating nurses during my C-section and I think it is just amazing!
 
 
I wanted the focus to be the photo so kept the papers and embellishments to a minimum. The baby boy chipboard sheet was perfect for my little cluster, I just used some acrylic paint to get them to match the layout.
 
 
I solved the CSI case by using stripes in my blue paper and a cursive font on my journaling card as the evidence. The journaling is my husband's thoughts on his happiness at experiencing the birth of his son, so utilising the inspiration words. I have used a couple of Scrapmatts pieces as the embellishments here: CB6105 Assorted Words 23; CB5139 String Circles 03 and CB5135 Baby Boy 01.
 
 

I also used the current Stuck?! Sketches challenge as the basis for this layout. I love how quickly the page came together using this great sketch.

5 comments:

  1. What a great layout. I love the clean and simple look. The focus is on the sweet picture.

    Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great layout and indeed an amazingly captured moment! I hope you are all well and happy - time flies so fast, even this little guy is soon 1 year old! (I know your mom from ATCs for All, so I've followed your lives a bit through her, and I too have son born 2014, though half a year older than yours.) Nice to see you as the CSI guest designer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful take on the sketch for such a priceless moment in time! Totally adore your primary palette! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a fabulous take on the sketch Lauren! I really love the bright colours & the buttons. Such a precious photo! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?! Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous page great accents and details - love the pic too! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!