Monday 22 June 2015

The High Line - Let's Get Sketchy DT

The Gold Coast Show has released their competition list for this year and I was sad to see that EVERY scrapbooking category requires a double page layout. I'm really not sure why they feel the need to restrict page design, I think you could compare doubles and single page layouts against each other given their is set scoring criteria. Anyway, it means I have to get my head around creating doubles for the next couple of months and I can't use any of the layouts I had already created this year. Here is the first of (hopefully) ten doubles before the end of August.
 
 
I have used some photos I shot whilst walking the High Line, a tourist attraction in New York, in late 2012. It was a fantastic place to visit and I got some really good photos. I love that I finally got a chance to use these Basic Grey papers why have been in my stash for YEARS.

 
I used the current sketch over at Let's Get Sketchy for this left hand page. Even though I turned it into a double I think you can clearly see the sketch in the layout. The patterned on the cardstock uses a home made mist, hence the slight differences between the two pages.
 
 
The second page has some more of the scenery shots I took to show off the views and the beautiful gardens. I really liked that they left some of the track there so you were reminded of the original purpose.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!