Monday 2 December 2013

2013 Advent Calender - UnstampaBelles DT

Ben and I used to buy advent calendars from the supermarket when we first moved in together. Back in 2010 though I decided I wanted to have a more lasting calendar which we could fill with whatever lollies we wanted so I grabbed a Kaisercraft kit and set to work, you can see the end result here. Recently I started to feel like committing to another in-depth project and remembered how much fun it was to create the calendar. I thought I might be able to showcase some new techniques and skills I had picked up in the last three years so decided to buy another kit and create a second calendar.


I went with a silver/white/blue theme this time around rather than more traditional red/green/gold. Painting all the MDF pieces really added to the construction time, project took me two weekends this time around. Most of the embellishment chipboard is from Scrapmatts. Regular blog-followers will know how much I love their products and their Christmas designs are always my favourites. I've used a mixture of old designs and new ones, like the chipboard tree which I just had to pick up as soon as I saw it.


This is also my DT piece for UnstampaBelles this month, our theme is Christmas so I'm really hoping to see lots of entries this month. This will be most last month on their DT as I've decided not to renew my position. The owner, Merry, is also stepping down by one of the other DT members will be stepping up continue running the challenges.

Prize for December Challenge includes:
Laser cut cards and card fronts - Christmas Designs
Card front designs pre-holed ready for stitching.
Card front designs with the stitching pattern printed on the card.
Christmas stickers.
3 types of star brads
Christmas foil shapes
Four pads of Sticky Notes


I am also entering the calendar into two more challenges:
Inkido's December challenge is to use stars and/or snowflakes. I've used multiples of both in this project.
Frosted Designs have a 'Pick 11' challenge running at the moment. From their list of things I have used Stars and Buttons.

14 comments:

  1. just beautiful ........ I love the silver & blue combination :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. Love the colors and that tree! Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely adore the colours you've chosen for this - so fab! And that tree.....I'm drooling over that, I love it! Gorgeous project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. As always a terrific creation Lauren…great colours and wonderful papers used. Thanks for all your time at Unstampabelles it has been a pleasure getting to know you and your work.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks wonderful!! I like your colour combination a lot!!
    Thanks for sharing this with us at Inkido!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty project, good luck with it and thank you for joining Inkido challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely piece Lauren. So elegant and yes I agree about the tree too - its wonderful. So sad that you are stepping down but hope that you continue to enter some of the challenges and all the best for your crafting future.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A really wonderful calendar! You made it with such love for every little detail! Thanks for playing with us at Inkido! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fantastic advent calendar Lauren! Thanks for linking this up to Inkido too!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow this is awesome , I love it nice & cool for Aussie Christmas.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That Was an awsome calander!!! love you playing with us at Inkido challange!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a brilliant idea! This is amazing. Thank you for playing with us at Inkido this month. Good luck! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!