Monday 9 December 2013

Christmas Stockings

I have certainly gone overboard with the hand-made Christmas decorations this year and the craziest part is they are all for work! This weekend I spent sewing some cute stockings for all the people who work in my 'pod' or cubicle group.


It has been quite a while since I did any significant sewing other than borders in scrapbooking layouts. I modified a pattern I found on line for these stockings and while I made a MESS of the first attempt, it was actually quite a simple process. I have received quite a few compliments from people at work about these.


Here is a close up of two of the stockings so you can see the fantastic Scrapmatts chipboard I used to embellish the MDF letters.


The colour scheme of the stockings also suits the current challenge over at one of my old Design Team blogs, The Lollipop Ladies, so I'm entering them there.


 Lastly, because Christmas is always better with glitter, here is a beer bottle I've coated in glitter to hold some fake berries. I think it's pretty cute. :)

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Handmade stockings for your "pod" mates! Can I work with you? : ) These are very pretty and the chipboard monogram makes them extra special. Thanks for playing with the Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely work Lauren. Thank you for joining the challenge at Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stockings - and I love the use you have made of a beer bottle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome!! Love your stockings! Love the beer bottle up cycle… brilliant! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute stockings.Thanks for entering at Lollipop ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great idea. Thanks for sharing with us at the Lollipop Ladies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh how adorable are those cute stockings!! and the glittered beer bottle looks fantastic too. Go you with all the chrissy decorations!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super fun stockings and glittered bottle.

    Hugs Diane

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, you are on a serious crafty roll, awesome creations :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Beautiful!!!! Thanks so much for participating in our LOLLIPOP LADIES challenge!! Hope to see you again for our next challenge!!
    ~DEANNE~
    A Little Bit O' Paper

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, your workmates are very spoilt with the wonderful stockings. That has to be the prettiest beer bottle ever.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!