Wednesday 4 December 2013

More Christmas Decorations

After completing the advent calendar earlier this weekend I was in the mood for continuing to make more Christmas decorations. I had seen an amazing frame and bauble set up on Pinterest and decided to try my hand at re-making it. My frame is a lot smaller but this was such a simple project to make and looks so effective. I actually made this in the time it took my husband to play a game of basketball!


I also decided to re-make the centre panel for my old Advent Calendar. This is a pretty simple design but I think it works. I made all three of the trees at the bottom and I have to say they were all SUCH a pain. There is no way I will be trying to make similar ones ever again. How good is that gold glitter tape at the bottom? Love $2 store purchases some times. :)
 

I am entering this into the Use It Tuesday challenge which is Anything Goes! All the challenges require you to use hoarded supplies. I have re-used the calendar I originally made in 2010 and updated it using some left over Christmas papers from previous years and twine I have kept from various flower bouquets I have received.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love that frame Lauren....that has been added to my 'to do' list. Thanks. Great advent calendar too....the trees may have taken a bit of work...but they were worth they look terrific.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your frame looks beautiful, Lauren...such a clever & effective idea.
    Gorgeous advent calendar too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!