Tuesday 22 July 2014

Christmas in July - Couture Creations DT

 Couture Creations is showcasing their beautiful range of Christmas themed die-cuts and embossing folders in a special Christmas in July serious of projects. I love creating Christmas scrapbooking items and chose to go with a tree ornament/painters tray as my contribution.
 
 
This is actually a really easy project to create. Start by preparing your painters tray. I have used CB3005 Mini Tray Round 01 from Scrapmatts as my base. I painted mine gold initially, then applied a layer of crackle medium and then white acrylic paint over the top so you can only see the gold in the crackles. This takes a while as each layer needs to dry thoroughly between applications but it creates a lovely subtle effect.
 
Select the patterned paper you want to use and adhere this to the different sections as needed.
 
If you want to have a dangly charm at the bottom like I have, punch the hole now and thread it through before you adhere the frame to the base.

 
Cut your relevant die-cut decorations. I have used the largest dove (this comes in a three pack) and the Pine Needles from the Merry Little Christmas Collection. Use a stamp pad to colour the vine in the dove's mouth. Adhere your die cuts to the tray and them embellish with chipboard and flowers. I have also use some Gemstones as accents and for the dove's eye. I have thrown in some more Scrapmatts chipboard in my decorations (CB1058 Words 11 Season's Greetings and CB1212 Scrap Words 14) which I have inked up in the desired colour; as well as some Manor House Creations flowers and berries from a $2 store sprig.

 
Couture Creations Materials List:
CO721996 Gemstones Crystal
CO723780 3D Foam Dots
 
http://lozcraft.blogspot.com

I was inspired by the great sketch over at Just Add Ink with this project, it suits the painter's tray perfectly.

8 comments:

  1. Wow - that painter's tray was just MADE for our challenge!! You have decorated it beautifully, Lauren; it's a gorgeous, festive decoration. Thanks for joining in the fun at Just Add Ink this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful coincidence Lauren! You have transformed the tray beautifully adding layers of festive detail. I loved the white crackle of gold in particular. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous Lauren.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project and lots of details in your post. Thanks for sharing your beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love this lauren this is gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH MY! what a stunning Christmas decoration you have created, so many pretty details.

    Thanks for showing us your creation at Just Add Ink this week.


    Trish
    JAI Design Team

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - I LOVE scrapmats.....been doing a few myself lately. Love your red baubles in the middle too. Chantell JAI

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so very Christmassy....so well put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!