Monday 7 July 2014

Need for Speed - Couture Creations DT

 
 
Looking for an easy way to make a pretty doily die work on a grungy boy layout? Trying turning it into a gear like I did on this layout.
 
I cut a Moulin Rouge doily from The Treasures range out of black cardstock, then used my craft knife to remove some extra parts of the pattern to give me more of a 'gear' shape. I also cut a Cog Border from The Metricon range. Both of these die cuts were them heat embossed, first with gold powder and then with brown powder, to give them an aged metallic look. Apply the same process to your chipboard title. 

 
The background was created by trimming down a sheet of white cardstock and roughing up the edges with my scissors before applying this to a sheet of black cardstock. Use the reverse of your new gear die cut as a stencil and spray a metallic mist in opposite corners.
 
 
Grunge up the background by applying strips of scrap paper and some builders tape. Stamp over this randomly with black and brown pattern stamps. Tie is all together by swiping gesso over the background randomly. Lastly, flick some watered down black paint over the background for splatters.

 
 Silhouette cut one of your photos and then arrange the photos and gears together with the title. I have used a piece from Imaginarium Designs which suited my photos perfectly. Don't forget to include some journaling to preserve the memory.
 
 
Couture Creations Materials List:
CO723739 The Metricon, Cog Border
CO721956 Stainless Steal Scissors
CO721986 Handheld Essentials Craft Knife, Piercing Tool and Scoring Tool

http://lozcraft.blogspot.com
 

2 comments:

  1. what a cool idea Lauren!!! Awesome page and fabulous use for the doily :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!