Thursday 17 July 2014

Joining the Shadow Box Fun - Scrapmatts DT

When I was first sent two of the new Shadow Box kits in my design team pack I thought I would never use them, and that doesn't happen very often to me with Scrapmatts products! I just couldn't get my head around how I would want to use them or what to include inside the box. However, then I saw the beautiful display some of the other design team girls had created for the Brisbane Expo and suddenly I couldn't wait to get home and start playing with my own. A lot of the ladies have already shared their shadow box designs on this blog, so hopefully they have inspired you as well.
 
 
 
I was given some lovely beaded good luck charms on the day of my wedding from my new cousin-in-law and grandmother-in-law. I kept them because I knew I wanted to scrap them eventually but their bulkiness had always been a problem for me in the past. This made them perfect to use in the shadow box and they will up the feature space so well. I have looped their ribbons around the back and made a little pouch/envelope for their attached cards to be stored in as well.
 
 
 
The front is decorated with a couple of extra Scrapmatts pieces and some flowers/bling. The filigree pieces at the top come in the set with the frame, they have been inked and then had a light layer of gesso applied over the top to match the colour of the inner mat in the shadow box. The Scrapword has just had some liquid pearls brushed over it to match the colour of the pearls in the good luck charms.
 
Scrapmatts used: Shadow Box 1B16; Ornate Frames 22 CB1220; Scrap Words 08; CB1200.
 
 
My second project for you today is a birthday card for my Nana, who turns 76 next Wednesday. I loved these hot air balloon chipboard designs as soon as they were released and had to get a set even though they don't match my normal style of scrapping. They came in handy on this card though. I have adhered some cardstock behind the chipboard, sprayed it with two colours of mists and them applied two layers of dimensional magic over the top. I hadn't expected the cracked effect but when I saw it the next morning I decided I quite liked the end result.
 
Scrapmatts used: Ribbon Banners 01 CB1204; Hot Air Balloons 01 CB5035; Words 26 CB1121.
 
Thanks for checking out my projects, I hope they have inspired you. Don't forget to share your Scrapmatts projects with us, either on Facebook or at the Ning gallery.

2 comments:

  1. Just stunning Lauren, and I love that you have made a wedding keepsake with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to display those wonderful beaded trinkets. Lovely work. Your card for your Nana is so cheery, I bet she loved it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!