Friday 16 January 2015

At The Beach - Scrapmatts DT

I live on the Gold Coast, which is known for being a coastal tourist attraction centre, so you would think that when Scrapmatts released a new Marine Life chipboard set I would be all over it, right? Wrong, I rarely head to the beach, largely due to my pale skin which goes from white to red in about 10 minutes flat regardless of the amount of sunscreen I slather on. The chipboard did look adorable though so I eventually remembered I had these photos from a morning stroll I did with friends sometime last year and set to work.

(Removed for publication)

All the chipboard comes from CB4067 Marine Life 02. I have used seven pieces on this layout and there are still fifteen left in the sheet!


I was inspired by the current sketch challenge over at Show Us Your Stuff for this layout. It's been ages since I played along with them. The pink/orange pieces have been coloured with Gelatos, the blue pieces with Glimmermist and the seaweed has been left natural in the white mist finish the sheet came in.

 

Scrapbook Boutique also have a sea themed challenge for January. Those cupcakes look amazing!

10 comments:

  1. Yippee another Gold Coaster, how hot has it been the last couple of days... I love it but then I don't burn in 10 seconds flat lol. Great fun layout, love how you have coloured the embellies with the Gelatos, they look fab! Thanks for sharing with us at Scrapbook Boutique!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...and I live on the GC too:) Woohoo! I love the beach but don't get there as much as I would like to. Love this fun LO Lauren and your use of the chippies is great - they are perfect for the SB challenge this month. Great to see you playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren!! I burn too so I can relate! gorgeous LO really showcases the pics too!
    Thank you for sharing and playing along with us at Scrapbook Boutique this month x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yuk it's been too hot for this 'English rose' on the mid north coast.....shouldn't complain though as it's cold in the UK just now!
    I love the lovely beach theme of your layout which is perfect for the SB challenge this time around. Thanks for playing along with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous take on the sketch...I love what you did with the string & those chippies. Thanks for playing along with us over @ SUYS :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That Kaisercraft pp is perfect for this layout, and I really love your little sealife embellies. Great take on the sketch.
    Thanks for joining us at SUYS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great layout, fabulous showcase for all the chippie pieces! Thanks for sharing with us at Show Us Your Stuff. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. that looks awesome. what perfect collection of Kaiser an scrapmatts

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh loe the string feature great take on the sketch!!! Hope to see you again at SUYS!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love a beachy page! Thanks for sharing with us at SUYS!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!