Sunday 11 January 2015

Just Be - Journal52

I know I said I would almost always go with a literal interpretation of the Journal52 prompts, but this week the prompt was 'Just Be' so I thought I should just be in the moment and create whatever feels right at the time. I forgot about what I like from other people's work and what I don't like about mine and just laid down a couple of quick layers. I have to say that I LOVE the resulting page!
 
 
If you're interested in how it came to be, I started by gluing some torn book pages to the page and then put gesso over the whole thing. I applied clear stamping ink through a stencil and then applied clear embossing powder over the top to heat set it. Distress inks in orange and yellow were applied over the page, with the ink wiping off from the emboss resist.

 
I roughly drew on some circles using a white crayon to preserve the yellow/orange colours, then hit the page with purple and blue spray mists. The blue blended with the background to create that green colour but I still like the result. Because I used Glimmermists the page has a magical sparkle too.

 
Lastly, I sponged black ink through another stencil for the swirls and used Thickers for my letters. Relatively quick and easy, just quite different to what and how I normally create. I love that art journaling is already getting me out of my comfort zone. I also love that I can already utilise some of the techniques I've learnt in Journal Journey 2015.

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous page Lauren - the background is amazing

    I've just joined Journal 52 and am loving it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you have built the layers. Beautiful colours too.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!