Thursday 22 January 2015

Growth LO

Wow, what a creative start to 2015 it has been for me! Between layouts, cards, ATCs, art journals and off the page projects this is my 14th post for the month. I'm even ahead on design team projects. I hope I can keep this up all year. This layout is a challenge layout rather than a project for a specific commitment, just because I could! :)
I keep alternating between thinking I like the clean look so it's done and wanting to add a bit more to it. Does it need some sewing, does it need some ink splashes? For now I'm just going to leave it like it is.



Challenge YOUrself has set their January topic as choosing your One Little Word. I think OLW is an interesting concept but have never previously taken part. I chose Growth as my word and journalled about why. I think it's important to not lose sight of all the components that make up me while I'm focusing on helping Harrison grow.

I thought Stuck?! Sketches didn't let you combine their sketch with other challenges, so it has been a while since I played with them. However, I was re-reading their rules and they do, so I used their January sketch as the basis for this layout.

12 comments:

  1. Lauren, this is such an amazing and precious layout! Your one little word is so powerful in so many ways! Good luck in your OLW journey. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lauren, what a perfect choice for your first OLW. Look at the cute pictures, the layout chosen give them great visibility and love the softness of your page. Thanks for playing along at Challenge YOUrself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your colours make everything pop on your layout....especially the yellow! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your word and layout! I think it's has a fresh look to it and doesn't need anything adding to it. Thanks for joining us at Challenge YOUrself x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful take on the sketch! I love your OLW, your photo, and your entire page message! So wonderful!!! Thank you for joining us at Challenge YOUrself this month! We are so happy that you did!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous page, and I love your word and what it meas to you! Glad you checked out our rules again at Stuck?!, we have allowed you to multi task with other non sketch sites since I took over, I think it makes it more fun for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful page and beautiful photos. Thanks for joining us at Stuck?@

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful page and sweet photos! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This layout is truly precious! Love the colours you chose to highlight your photos! Thanks for playing along with us over at Stuck?! Sketches and Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  10. love how beautiful and soft this is; conveys the beauty of the pics! Great word choice and hope January was full of GROWTH; it's amazing how fast it went by! Kate (Challenge YOUrself)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This sure captures the moment beautifully! Thanks for joining in on our fun at Challenge Yourself!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!