Saturday 10 January 2015

Journal Journey 2015 - January Stopover

So week two of each month in Journal Journey 2015 is another technique session. These tutorials are meant to be more advanced or focusing on a specific product. For January the techniques were clear embossing resist, dimensional magic resist and gelly roller pen resist. I felt a lot more comfortable with these techniques as I had used clear embossing and dimensional magic before, though not as a resist.
 
 

 
I again did my samples up on ATC bases. The first is the dimensional magic resist with pink and yellow mists. The result impressed me and I'd like to play around with it a bit more, especially letting the ink pool and dry more before wiping off. The second card I sprayed blue and yellow before clear embossing a stamped design over the top, then covering the card in black ink. The card looks better in real life and I quite like the effect, I think I need to use a different black ink though. Lastly is another clear embossing card. I don't have jelly pens so didn't do the last technique.
 
 
I decided to put some of my new knowledge to use and started a journal page using the clear embossing resist technique. This time though I stamped the clear ink through a stencil for this design. You can see the completed journal page on my blog tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!