Monday 5 January 2015

Grandson Photo Frame Gift

 
Hello and welcome to 2015! I spent Christmas and New Years down in Melbourne with family, which was quite lovely as we don't get to catch up that often. I made a few hand-made Christmas presents this year and had to wait until I got back home to be able to share them.
 
My mum came to stay with us when Harrison was born last year, so we took her along to his newborn photoshoot. I wanted to give her a copy of her photo in a nice frame, but couldn't find anything I liked. I ended up buying a pretty plain black frame with white matting and creating a display piece. 
 
 
It was a lot of fun getting elements to match her shirt and building up the clusters. As you can see in the close up, there are metal charms, chipboard with crackle paint, flowers, leaves and pearls in each corner.
 

2 comments:

  1. A beautiful gift Lauren, I bet it has pride of place at your Mum's house. Also Congratulations on the birth of Harrison. I have missed so many wonderful occasions while not blogging. Hope to keep up better this year. Happy New Year to you and family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful gift , I sure she loves it too :) Happy New Year

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!