Friday 23 January 2015

You & Me: Create Life

Whilst pregnant, I had a very fun maternity photoshoot with Rachael Wilson Photography. It is such a freeing experience to look at your body, which is bigger than it has ever been before and possibly covered in stretch marks and swelling yet still love it. I was amazed that I was growing a whole person inside me and wanted to capture the magic of that experience. Rachael certainly delivered and managed to walk the fine line between looking classy in lingerie/semi-nude and just looking cheap. I have chosen a fully clothed photo to photo on this layout though. :)
 
 
I showed this layout to Ben and he got a huge smile on his face. He said it could be one of his favourite layouts I've ever created. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out as well and enjoyed getting messy in the background.

 
Kaisercraft have changed the way their challenges are running this year. Rather than releasing weekly sketches they will be doing one challenge at the start of each month, with the specific type varying. This month they went with a colour challenge which also had to include paper blooms and a stamp. The colour palate just happens to match their new release XO range, which I had been eyeing off anyway so I used this as an excuse to head down to my local store and pick up some papers. The range is so crisp and clean in design, I couldn't resist messying it up a bit on my layout to create a different effect. Since the layout needs to be mainly Kaisercraft products I have used their: cardstock, patterned paper, paper blooms, clear stickers, mini-alphas, 2 texture stamps and pearls.
 
JAN_colours_blog
 
 
I told you I was loving the January Stuck?! sketch for my last layout, I've gone with their mid-month release for this one.
 

8 comments:

  1. Such a gorgeous page, love what you did with the background and your photo is beautiful too! Thanks for playing along with our mid month challenge at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great take on the sketch. Your background turned out great. Love the colors and your paper choices. Thanks for joining in with us at Stuck?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing background work and love the colours. Thanks for playing along with Stuck?! Sketches

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful LO Lauren... love your background work!! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Kaisercraft :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely way to show your love of your husband's pending Fatherhood - just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely way to show your love of your husband's pending Fatherhood - just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!