Tuesday 27 January 2015

Hearts and Words ATCs

I found a swap themed 'Hearts and Words' over at ATCsforAll.com. The example cards by the host looked great and some of the other participants had created amazing cards too. I thought it seemed like the perfect theme to continue to work on some of my new art journal skills so I whipped up these four cards.
 
 
I started by pasting down some scraps of book paper, then sponged some red Distress Ink over the whole background. I tried to apply some embossing ink through a stencil over the top of this but it didn't really go through, so then I sponged some gesso through the fish stencil and applied clear embossing powder of that while wet to create a resist.

 
Each card got a different colour spray over the top, then some red stamping to finish off the background. Four hearts were cut from another sheet of book paper, edged in black ink and stuck to the ATC. Top and bottom details were added to the cards with a pen.  

 
I used Gelatos to add colour to the bottom loops and also over the heart, blending this with water. The word sticker was added, along with some builder's tape. White details added with pen/gesso. Applied to backing card using polymer varnish.

 
And now, after a massive 17 projects in one month, I'm going to go a bit quiet. I need to work on a project I've been putting off for over 2 years! Wish me luck I finally get it done, please. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!