Monday 19 January 2015

Journal Journey 2015 - January Driver's Ed

The third week of the month in the Journal Journey 2015 program is the week where there is step-by-step instructions to complete a page using the techniques learnt in the first two weeks. January's theme was resist techniques, I've used crayon resist in the background and clear embossing resist on the tag.
 
 
The journaling is about how I'm finally taking the plunge by starting an art journal and how I'm learning so much already, hence the quote on the tag.
 
 
I learnt a lot from completing this page and think I could do a lot better if I gave it a second go, which I might depending on time requirements for other projects. The tag seems a bit simple but I'm otherwise happy with it. For the background though, I stamped my texture stamps with Distress Inks and I think the spray was still wet as the stamp images blended into the background and faded away. I sprayed too much blue ink onto the stencil so it all leaked under the design (and oversprayed the edges as I didn't mask off the rest of the page). I got lazy and stopped whipping off the areas with crayon resist so they didn't stay white. I think I want more contrast in my two colour choices next time too.

3 comments:

  1. great addition to your journal book, once it is completed it will be awesome to look back on it :) enjoy the journey of creating

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous Lauren! You're really embracing the creative journey ur on- go you! !! Love the page :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks Great Lauren, thanks for the link to your blog on the Journal Journey!!! I am really enjoying the ride there!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!