Tuesday 6 January 2015

Salt Dough Ornaments

I couldn't celebrate Harrison's first Christmas without doing something crafty to commemorate it. I thought salt dough ornaments would be a cute idea to record his foot and hand prints. I hadn't taken into consideration just how much of a giant my little man is at the moment though, so they ended up being much larger than I had originally anticipated.
 
 
They took quite a while to dry so I had to paint them down in Melbourne using a cheap travel acrylic paint set. I gave one hand and foot print each to each set of grandparents, they loved them. I have one hand and foot print here at home which I will paint and keep for us too. I can't wait to look back at them next year and see how much he has grown. :)
 
 

1 comment:

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!