Tuesday 20 January 2015

Journal Journey 2015 - January Driver's Ed Version 2

I gave the Kreative Koncepts January art journal page tutorial another go today. I didn't follow it exactly to the letter but rather as a basis to build my own style upon. I went with red and yellow as my two additional colours, which also let me sneak in some orange by pretending they had blended in together.
 
 
I used Distress Inks as my base rather than sprays. This provided a lighter coloured background to then build my layers up on so the stamping texture shows up more. I tried some yellow sprays through a stencil in the bottom left corner but the colour was a bit light and the water in it activated the Distress Ink so I got an interesting effect. I tried harder to keep by crayon resist circles showing and complemented these with paint circles in white and yellow. The embossing resist is used on the tag, as well as my first attempt at a gelly roll pen as a border around the edge of the red part of the tag. I had to add some flowers and bling to pretty up the page too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting, I really appreciate it!